Who we are
The Development Awareness Raising and Education Forum (DARE) is one of the core-working groups of CONCORD, the European Confederation of Development and Relief NGOs. The members of the Forum are appointed by national platforms and networks and meet twice a year, usually in Spring and Autumn. The Forum establishes common strategies to strengthen Development Education in Europe. The DARE Forum initiated the DEEEP project back in 2003.
Objectives of the DARE Forum:
- To be the driver of the global citizen-led transformative agenda through Development Education/Awareness Raising (DEAR) and global citizenship education (GCE) for global justice.
- To be a laboratory to explore new ways of thinking and acting for a change towards global justice and to contribute to citizens empowerment through GCE.
- To support the DEAR/GCE community in Europe to empower people to act for a more just and sustainable world
- To represent these communities towards the EU institutions and to raise the profile of DEAR/GCE
- To collaborate closely with other actors, in particular (but not limited to) civil society, such as CONCORD, CIVICUS and EADI
- Development Education
- Public Awareness Raising
- Global Citizenship Education
- Active Citizenship
- Global Education