DEEEP4 developed development education as a tool for citizen’s empowerment and systemic change.
We therefore aimed to:
- Create a global movement of citizens working for change
- Coordinate the development education sector
- Sharpen the identity and concepts of development education
- Contribute to wider discourses on development and education
- Improve the quality and impact of development education
These pillars have been enhanced through the following interlinked DEEEP activities:
- Advocacy: DEEEP advocated for the development education sector on a European and global scale, influenced the political agenda and exchange best practices. DEEEP was an instrument for political change.
- Capacity building: DEEEP organized various training sessions, conferences and forums for NGOs on the importance of strengthening public engagement. DEEEP empowered citizens by using development education as a participative, critical and transformative learning process. DEEEP was an instrument for social change.
- Research: DEEEP coordinated research, seminars and conferences to bring together NGOs and the academic sector. We wanted to strengthen development education as a tool for change within both educational and development discourse. DEEEP was a tool for learning
- Communication: DEEEP reinforced communication mechanisms inside and outside of the development education field, with an emphasis on common development education values and stories. DEEEP was a tool for cooperation.